Watching videos on the smartphone is one of the addictions you can see for the present generation. Other than that feature rich applications and high graphics games keeps us involved over the day long. Social media has extended the wings to share the things more promptly and fast. WhatsApp is all about forwarding the images, videos, and gifs. YouTube has evolved as the one-stop destination for the entertainment freaks. Web-series have replaced the audience watching TV sitting on the couch. Now all you need is a working internet connection and a smartphone in hand to enjoy the fun.
Recommended Reading – OG YouTube Downloader
Over the time you might have come to a point of thinking to download the videos which you have watched or wish to watch later. TubeMate is the one stop solution for all your video download needs for smartphones. You can download any video from internet to your mobile. Tubemate allows you to download the videos giving you the ease of telling only the web link and your videos will be saved to your SD card or phone memory depending upon your choice.
Why to use Tubemate App to download YouTube Videos:
- TubeMate is one of the best applications to enable download of videos from YouTube or any other website.
- You can define the resolution of the downloaded video.
- You can pause the ongoing download and later on resume it as per the convenience.
- You can separately view the currently downloading and already downloaded files in dedicated tabs.
- Interface is pretty easy and similar to traditional YouTube view.
Is TubeMate App Legal to Use?
Saving / downloading videos on your smartphones without the consent of the video owner, is a security breach. TubeMate is an app, with which you can download videos from popular sites like YouTube, without the consents of the owners on the video. This can be one of the reasons, why Playstore hasn’t allowed TubeMate app to be placed among the other popular apps on Playstore. Hence as per the Playstore policies, TubeMate is an illegal app. Thus it is recommended to check the legal aspects of downloading and using TubeMate.
How to Download TubeMate App for Free:
You might have tried looking for Tubemate over the Google Playstore i.e. one stop solution for all our application related needs. But here is a trick, Tubemate is not available on Play store rather it is available to download from their official website. Below is the process to download TubeMate on your smartphone:
- Visit their official website tubemate.net using the browser on your smartphone.
- Select the appropriate mirror depending upon your location.
- Click on the download link.
- If your phone gives pop-up about the security means you need to allow installation of apps from other sources.
- Go to Settings–>Security–>Device Administration–>Unknown Sources
- Clicking the checkbox, you are allowing the device to install applications from other websites in case they are not available on Playstore.
- Upon successful installation, you will be seeing the quick launch icon on your application menu.
How to Download a Video:
Once you have downloaded TubeMate app on your smartphone and installed it, now it is time to download videos using the TubeMate app. Below is a simple process to download videos, from sites such as Youtube, using the TubeMate Video downloader app.
- The interface of Tubemate is pretty similar to that of YouTube. You will be having a search box to search for the videos or other content.
- When your desired video is loaded, along with the playback you will also be seeing a download link.
- Before that you can also select the download resolution for your video means you can decide the quality of the video you wish to decide ahead of downloading.
- Once downloaded, your video will be saved at default download location.
Where TubeMate App lags:
- Although they said to support download of each type of video but we have seen it failing to download some particular video types.
- TubeMate application crashes a lot and specifically when a long queue of downloads is scheduled.
- Very poor performance over 2G networks.
Whether you like getting the application from Playstore or any other sources, if it suits your purpose and not compromising with your individual security, you should not be having any concern, unless there are any legal issues. TubeMate is one of those applications available which appears safe &, servers the downloading purpose well. However the legal aspects are always a concern.